The aims of relationships and sex education (RSE) at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
Chetwynd Junior School considers that Relationships and Sex education (RSE) is an integral part of the Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) curriculum. We aim to offer pupils a carefully planned programme on human development, relationships, sexuality and family life within a safe, comfortable atmosphere and in a relaxed relationship between teacher and pupils. The programme is set within the moral framework matched to the pupils’ level of maturity. The aims complement those of the Science curriculum in KS2.
For further information, please view the curriculum planning documents and resources below and also our RSE Policy which you can find by clicking here.