Academic year 2020 – 2021
1. Awareness raising: School issues
- Governor/staff information handbook.
- Headteacher reports.
- Guidance on governors visiting school.
- Governor briefing meetings.
- Governor folders.
2. Governors update on roles and responsibilities
Information as above:
- Governors notice board in school.
- Literature distributed by the clerk.
- Chairman of governors file.
3. Governor training
- Presentations made by headteacher.
- Presentations made by the local authority when required.
- Presentations made by inspectorate when appropriate.
- Presentations by governor training unit.
- Governors’ attendance at courses.
4. Involvement of governors in school activities
- Open invitation to all public events, e.g. Harvest festival, easter concert, leavers assembly, christmas concert.
- Open invitation to year group assemblies.
- Governors visits to school to examine:
- Curricular areas
- Teaching and learning (progress)