"Chetywnd School should be seen as an extension to the family".
Chetwynd School’s SMSC and British Values policy is to;
- Develop relationships, respect and responsibility.
- Create a caring ethos in the school where children can grow and flourish free from discrimination and racism.
- Provide a supportive learning environment to actively promote values.
- Ensure that children develop a sense of citizenship which includes the rejection of negative radical ideas, and promotes respect for civil and criminal law.
- Promote the values of the school, running as a thread throughout the school brochure; together with the documentation included on the school website and the ‘lived experience’ of the children.
- Measure the impact of school values by the Annual Pupil / Parent Questionnaires, community satisfaction and the way children conduct themselves in and around the school and community.
- Have high expectations on an Educational Visit / Residential (as we would anticipate within the school).